Benefits of Value Education in School
Value education in another word can be describe as character education or moral education. It is an education where learners learn value from educators and implement them in future to lead a better life, the life of humanity where religion has no importance, the thing that value most is your character.
Value education starts from home and it continues throughout the life, but value education in schools plays a major part in a man’s life so it should be taught in each and every school to add values to the children for their better tomorrow.
Areas of value education
The areas that come under value-based education are as follows:
- Character development.
- Personality development.
- Citizenship education.
- Spiritual development.
All these come under one roof and are known by the term “value education”. The purpose of value education is to make you responsible citizen to make your country feel proud of you.
What are the benefits of value education in students’ academic results?
- Cooperation in asking questions to teachers.
- Shows responsibility in doing homework.
- Increase capacity to work independently.
- Implement their learning in their practical life.
- Attentive in class.
- Helps students to make their own decisions.
- Develops healthy mind in them.
Good relation between teacher and students
Value education plays a vital role to create a strong bonding between teacher and students.
- Stable connection between teacher and students.
- They establish an increased capacity to develop their own as well as their peer behaviour.
- Teachers get strong support from students.
Some miss concepts about value education
Value education is not a kind of separate subject that teacher has to teach just as they teach their regular subject. The education in itself holds values so the teacherneeds to teach the students to implement them in their real life to behave in a polite as well as responsible manner.
Value education doesn’t expect higher grades from students. It just wants to develop positive attitude in them. But value education is not important only for students. It is equally important for the teachers as well as staffs too. To develop a good personality in students through value education, a teacher first need to be their role model.
What do value based education in school offers to children?
A school is a place where children spent most of the time and they get to learn many positive values in life.
- Value based education shape their future and add purpose to their life. It helps them to learn the right way to live their life.
- A primary approach to quality learning where it teaches them to remain connected to their parents as well as to other community.
- It makes them learn how to deal with their day to day activities.
- Helps them to gain self-responsibility for their behaviour.
The school is a model of the world so the goal of value-based education in school is to nourish the learners with moral values, virtues based on which their actions will reflect their behaviour. So, by educating the children with value education, you are creating a better world for tomorrow to live in.