Before getting into the details of how to make maximum profit by investing in the mutual funds you must understand the basics of it. The basics of what are mutual funds, how to invest in them and why one should go for investing in the mutual funds will surely strike a person who is new to this terminology of mutual fund.
There are even high chances that persons who have heard about this may not be fully confident about this. So, let us first get to know what mutual funds are.
In a very easy note a mutual fund is a company that basically does not function itself. It mostly operates by investing in funds. To begin with the company which is the mutual fund appoints a portfolio manager for the process and pays him/ her with a management fee which is about 0.50% to 2.00% of the total assets.
The portfolio manager has the function to invest the money raised by the company according to strategies laid out in mutual fund prospectus. The money raised by the mutual funds or the company concerned is invested in either bonds or in gold or in real-estates or sometimes in stock market
What makes up the Mutual Funds?
Mutual Funds as previously mentioned is either a corporation or a trust depending upon the method by which the mutual fund is build. Let us now know the parts of a mutual fund and its organization.
- If it is a corporation then the members who are responsible to keep an eye over the share holders are known as directors and they serve on a Board of Directors. And if the case is different that is if it is trust then its members are called as trustees and they all serve on Board of Trustees.
- Apart from the board of directors and board of trustees, a mutual fund consists of bonds, cash and stocks. The company here is responsible for these assets which are an inseparable part of it.
- Another important component of these Mutual Funds is the contracts. So basically the company has no people working directly under its roof as its functions entirely revolve around contracts with other firms. But not to miss there is a portfolio manager who is engaged in the managerial activities of the company.
- Further these contracts consist of a custody that is a bank that holds the stocks, shares and other bonds, a transfer agent who keeps a check of transfer of shares from the selling party i.e. the company to the buying party (the investor), an auditing unit which has the function of daily checking the worth of mutual fund and also helps in verifying the money present with the company, and lastly an investment unit that has the role in managing the buying and selling process of shares and stocks.
They are paid 1.5% of the company’s assets in return to their service. But the unit can be removed or replaced by Board of directors as and when needed even under a short notice.
How to maximize the money invested in mutual fund?
If money is invested in stock market then profit can be gained when the stock price in the market increases, if the investment is in form of real-estates then profit can be gained from rental charges, property appreciation, etc. If the investment is in form of bonds then money can be made from the interest amount collected. So, let us now get into depths of maximizing one’s investment in mutual funds.
- Investment in diversified sector–
It is mostly advisable that people who are keen in investing their money in mutual funds should follow this principle of diversified investment in various classes of assets. This is preferable because it helps in optimizing the risk in returns. Because if you encounter risk in one sector your assets in other sectors would be safe and you can hope to gain from those sources in case of crash in one sector.
- Follow Systematic Investing Plan-
Systematic investing plan also known as the SIP method is best suited for investors. In this kind of investing the investors can easily keep a regular touch in investing the money. This plan aids the investors in keeping their investment regular and disciplined. Apart from this the scheme helps the people to increase their invested sum to increase through compounding. Another most striking feature here is that the investment can be started with a minimum amount as low as 500 hundred bucks
- Opt to purchase your plans directly-
It is seen that in most cases investors’ fall into the hands of the middle man. And there the loss begins because if by any means a broker is involved in the process then a considerable share of your investment goes to him. So why involve a third party (that is a broker) when you can directly buy funds from AMC websites or directly from the Mutual Funds Utility website.
- Keep a check on the market value–
There is high need of keeping a periodic check on the market value and on your investments such that you get know about you weak points and your strengths in your investment. By doing this one can get an amount that he or she had aimed for within a short period of time; if that is not the case then at least the period of investment would go smooth and without much turbulence.
- Investment in relation to one’s age–
It advisable that the investment should be done in equity and in debt funds as one advances in age. It is mostly advisable to invest your money in equity with a thumb rule being the amount invested should be in regards to you present age that is the amount should be invested should be your age after subtracting 10 from it. This is not the only method to go for but it can be considered as the most efficient cum an ideal means of investment.
Thinking of Investing? Mutual Funds Are No More a Headache
People often tend to confuse between mutual funds and other kinds of investment. They tend be confused based on different hypothesis that is drawn or are shown to them. Now why at all do we need to know about the mutual funds? What value is it adding to you and the savings part?
Let the idea of mutual fund be discussed in detail first. What is mutual fund?
If you have plenty of free time, you can keep researching on the topic. However, people who just have to know about the definition in a quicker way here it goes.
Mutual fund is a term that is often used for the companies or a group of companies that owns investment and literally does nothing for itself. However, there are various areas of concern when dealing with the mutual fund. Each mutual fund is different from the other and the areas of expertise are different. Some invest in bonds, some in stocks and some other in gold also.
After learning the definition of mutual fund, it is necessary to know how it can help you. How it can be profitable for you. Only then you can be sure of investing in a mutual fund.
Here goes the various ways in which a mutual fund can be made profitable to you or you can earn a profit from it.
- Investing only in mutual funds that you understand. Because it is extremely necessary to have knowledge than to beat around the bush. If there arises a situation where you do not know or is unable to answer question like how is the mutual fund investment taking place, then there is no point in actually dealing with one of this.
How much of a risk is it adding to your portfolio is a very important thing which you must know if you want to make a profit out of investing in mutual fund.
It will be a journey from knowing what you actually want, to what will be the outcome of it in longer terms of prospect. It will be such an enthralling journey from what you want from investing in the mutual fund.
- You should always think from a futuristic point of view. In 5 years from now should be your thought process. You might as well face a bit of a problem in dealing with the portfolio or equity share which is not earning that much of a profit. You need to have faith in your knowledge which is primary and your instinct.
You have to believe that if it is not earning a positive return, it will be in a longer time frame. A whole new world of opportunities can actually bring in new areas to explore and can give you a profit which is mandatory when you actually invest in a mutual fund. Of all the knowledge that you have gained, you will be actually aiming at learning new techniques which will be helping you in a wise investment opportunity.
- The expenses that you pay should always be reasonable. That is all that you need to have a look on. The things that you need to pay for should make sense and you need to have a complete vision for a profit coming in for you.
Keeping in mind everything that has been discussed above what can be concluded is that the mutual funds add more to the profit making scene rather than the savings account or what banks could have done for you.
Yes there are many parameters added to it, which needs to be taken care off when you are thinking of investing in a mutual fund. There are risk factors more to it which is almost null when you add money to the saving account. But then the returns to the investment are huge when compared to anything.
Apart from the factor that you need to be a lot more aware of the whole situation and the conditions prevailing, you will be benefitted more and the rest part is quite easy to understand. The whole matter of the mutual fund is extremely interesting and can be actually be debated also. Whereas in each aspect the advantages of investing in a mutual fund is of extreme importance and outweighs the cons associated with it like the risk factor. In every form of investment that you make, the best part is the judgement of whether you want to make money from it or keep it as it is.
The whole proofread of study includes and surrounds around this simple idea that the advantages and disadvantages lie parallel and it is quite an interesting topic of discussion. In all the years from now, if you ever come across any dilemma regarding the investment that you need to do with your money, the only thing that can solve all kinds of a problem will be this mutual funds.
There are many ways in which you can buy these mutual funds. There are various agents who can actually come in your rescue but what is suggested is that you search the best fit things for you.
No one can know your needs better than you and with free access to technology, you can actually find the best suit for you. You can be your own guide and the only one present in any decision making thing happening to you at any point of time.
The profit kind of a motive is free to be adopted and has been actually looked for these days. Be it in mutual fund or not. But finding profit in an investment in mutual fund is extremely easy and can be adopted by any. The points that have been discussed earlier can actually bring in a lot more of profit to the business incentive or a profit part of the whole thing. Mutual funds can actually find you the best thing and can be actually an overwhelming with its operation in any aspect that you want from it.
Nancie L Beckett is a content writer and a famous blogger with an MBA degree having 6 years of experience in this field. Johnson has considerable amount of experience in writing, content writing its marketing and editing for various business and nonprofit organizations and holds an MBA degree from the famous Harvard school of management in USA.