Importance of Homework in School
Homework is a combination of home and school, so it is very important in child’s life because it help them to learn the things that they have been taught in a class. It can be compared to a window through which you can peep inside and check your child’s progress that will further help you to develop positive attitudes in them.
With an increasing age of your child, homework tends to gain more and more importance in their life. The better they perform, the better they understand that is the basic thing behind the purpose of homework.
Constructive purposes behind homework
- Learn time management – When homework is given, a certain deadline is fixed so the student tries his best to complete within time. In this way they learn to manage their time.
- Parents keep on getting informed about the lessons that are being taught in class
- Development of positive attitude.
- It helps the school to improve the students’ performance and achieved their desired goal.
- Learn through participation in class.
- Practice makes the man perfect, and the same goes with homework too.
So, you can say that homework curtails the gap between school and parents and help a student to understand their weakness and strength consecutively.
How to help your child in doing their homework
When a child does his or her homework, they need their parents’ cooperation too to get their work done. There are some ways given below that you must follow to create environment for their learning:
- Be sure that your child sits with all the necessary equipment needed for homework such as pen, pencil, erasers, calculators, white papers
- Encourage your child with positive comments. Praise them even for a small thing.
- Develop an interest in their homework. Try to engage them in conversations regarding their school activities.
- Make them access to all the resources that they require to do homework.
- Make a separate homework routine so that their regular study does not suffer from it.
- Try to provide a calm environment that should be well lighted and free from all sorts of distractions.
- Keep a close watch on their homework and check them on a regular
Problems while doing homework
There are certain problems that every child faces while doing homework so just check it out what are the common problem that they often face:
- Homework is not always easy so at times your child might face disappointments.
- Sometimes even you don’t understand the homework.
- Even after encouragement, at certain point of times your child might refuse to do them on regular basis.
- Problems in completing assignment within time.
Whatever may be the problem is, always try to discuss with your child’s teacher to find the way to solve in a correct way to avoid the rising of such problems in future.
Homework is very important in child’s life not only to improve his academic results but also teach them the sense of responsibility and develop self-confidence, positive attitudes and teach them to be self-disciplined in future.